Thanks for visiting the Funeral Help Program. You might want to put a BOOKMARK here, or key it into your HOTSPOTS file. Death is dear enough in terms of emotional capital, without the added stress of a financial burden, so if we've helped, let your friends know. If there's something more we can do, let US know.
If you would be interested in sponsoring this site, exchanging links -- particularly Women's Groups, since fully 75% of all arrangements are made by women! -- or if you're a responsible member of the funeral industry who has the guts to cross-link with it, please E-mail us. We're all in this together.
- Our Bookstore: An online bookstore devoted soley to titles on death, dying, grief, and bereavement.
- The ULTIMATE Funeral Rip-Off Site! [Father Henry's Page] ~ Think we've been acerbic in our remarks about the industry? Just see what the good Father has to say!
- Funeral And Memorial Societies of America (FAMSA) A fabulous storehouse of information on affordable funerals! Complete list of societies in your area and much, much more.
- Internet Cremation Society A comprehensive listing of affiliates and funeral-related sites, including the Virginia Cremation Society which has been most helpful.
- Hospice Consumer Sources A dandy links page, coupled with one of the more complete web sites on the 'Net. 'A must see.'
- The WEBster Cathi Webster's outstanding site on the subject. A great links page to all facets of death, dying, funerals and bereavement. Check this one for sure.
- A Love Eternal. A site featuring the book of the same name, with spiritual support and 'how-to' advice on accepting the death of a loved one. Great links and a beautiful, soothing site to visit, including the music. Highly recommend.
- Tomorrow's Cradle--handcrafted wooden caskets, affordable (under $1,000), ships unassembled, stores easily
- Funeral Services UK Funeral Information for Great Britain
- Veterans Benefits
- Department of the Army
- Department of the Navy
- Department of the Air Force
- Social Security Survivors Benefits ~ $255 spousal benefit available.
- 'The Compassionate Friends (or TCF) Support group for bereaved parents and siblings.
- Education about Death, Dying and Bereavement
- Elizabeth Kubler-Ross - On Death and Dying A classic treatise on the topic, perhaps the best-known in history.
- Emotional Support Resources
- The Crimson Thread: More spiritual and practical advice on death as a natural event, and coping. Very pretty, comforting site.
- Personal Management System Another good planning resource for all your important papers.
- Affordable Direct Burial & Cremation in New Mexico. Good prices.
- CJD Voice-Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease support page.
- Links to Other Sites on Grief Support
- The National Fraud Information Center (off-site) What's going around in the way of scams . . . over $40 BILLION bilked each year, plus links for complaints.
- King's College Courses on Death & Bereavement [A Canadian site with some solid general information on 'handling' death.]
- Trinity College's excellent page on the psychological/sociological aspect of death and dying.
- PASSAGES Dianne Brownson's page on Death, dying and caregiver support. Good Alzheimer's links, too
- Faithful Friends Nursing Home Ministry
- The Elderly Place Good information for seniors.
- Alzwell Great Alzheimer's and caregiver site, very comprehensive.
- Good Grief Grief support, very soothing site.
Need more sources? Try Starting Point Search:
Download Software ~ Order Book ~ E-mail us your questions/comments
Home Page ~ About FHP ~ First Step ~ Funeral Homes
~ Casket Smarts
Cemetery Shopping ~ Monuments
~ Funeral Brokers, etc ~ Suggested Links
The FHP Site hosted by Flaming Hooker/Dragonet.com, with commercial interactive sites available for as little as $25.00 per month!
©1996-7, Flaming Hooker Productions